Trainee Sewing Machinist
|£16,286.40pa - Permanent Position|
A company who are renowned for their quality and customary design are looking to hire a Trainee Seamstress, you will join their progressive business and ever expanding team and will be seen to work within a small yet highly experienced team producing durable, high end textile products for the commercial sector.
This is a progressive role therefore for the right candidate will see you eventually overseeing the day to day running of the department as well as having a hands on approach to your working day. You will be integral to managing the smooth deliverance of product to your customers and will have a keen eye for detail and design.
Successful applicants will have experience working with a sewing machines and fabrics, yet not be afraid to learn how to use industrial sewing machines and other tooling’s associated with the industry. It would be advantageous that you have a qualification or similar relating to this positon however all other applicants will be considered. As mentioned all training will be given but a background knowledge of the equipment is essential for the role.
Your duties will include but will not be limited too:
• Working to set patterns/ guidelines
• Finishing and quality checking end products for the team and your own work
• Developing new product ideas and pieces, testing product where possible
• Close liaison with other departments to improve on applications and new product launches
• Reporting on efficiency processes and how to maintain a high stands of quality and demand
• Properly use equipment, tools or systems to complete assigned tasks that complies with company safety standards
• Maintaining a tidy work department at all times
Hours will be full time day shifts, Monday to Thursday 7:30am- 16:30pm, Friday 7:30am-13:30pm, my client is offering a competitive salary for the right individual, which will in turn increase to approx. £11-£12ph once you are fully trained and a competent employee; along with 20 days holiday and auto enrollment into the Government pension scheme.
If you are interested in this incredible opportunity, please apply with an updated CV.
K2 Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.