|£18-£19k pa - Permanent Position|
My client, a long established and global business who supply distinct and unique products to the catering and hospitality sector are looking to grow their team. This passionate business who are proud about what they do and absolutely love it to, would like to find a like-minded individual as a Trainee Technician. Presentation, quality and innovation are at the top of my client’s vision for their business therefore candidates with a care for customer service, a strong work ethic will have the opportunity to develop a career further as the company grows.
This will be a dual role, dividing your time by 50/50 ratio in the workshop maintaining and serving products and then being field based attending customer venues and prestigious events for installation and assistance of equipment.
As a Trainee Technician your duties will include but are not limited to:
• Complete pre-planned maintenance of all equipment
• Undertake the installation of equipment, upholding the service level agreements at all times
• Carry out Reactive and emergency breakdown tasks within the expected service level agreement and complete the associated paperwork.
• Be on a call out rota to provide specific customers with full out of hours cover
• Ensure that all tasks are completed within the specified time frames
• To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
• To carry out work in a safe and meticulous manner
• Assist in general warehouse duties and assist other departments if/ when required.
• Adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures
Key attributes for the role of a Trainee Technician will include;
• Full UK Driver’s licence (due to restrictions of vehicle insurance, applicants must be over 21years of age)
• You will be computer Literate with a basic understanding of Microsoft applications
• Be able to perform a “right first time” resolution to all tasks
• Due to the nature of the business you will need to be flexible with working hours as you will be required to travel the UK.
• Providing excellent customer service with a view to building and maintaining client relationships
As you will be representing our client and their brand you must be well presented, communicative, articulate and have the ability to think on your feet. Whilst mechanical experience or history in a similar environment would be beneficial, it is not essential as full 3-6 month training plan will be given.
Normal working hours will be Monday to Friday 08.30-17.00pm however due to the nature of the business you will be required to travel the UK to attend your customers and therefore on occasion (with prior notice) will be required to stay overnight.
If you feel this maybe the role for you then please apply with an up to date CV.
K2 Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.