ICT Design Engineer
|Competitive Salary - Permanent Position|
An interesting opportunity for an experienced ICT Design Engineer to work for a cutting-edge sustainable engineering company. You will need to have a proven track record in the delivery of ICT Infrastructure project services as well as a degree in ICT infrastructure design engineering or equivalent engineering/technology qualification. A competitive salary and benefits are on offer.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Responsible for the production of ICT infrastructure design specification packages in particular; drawings, technical specifications, preparation of procurement packs;
• Coordinate the ICT design at technical meetings with technical counterparts in other engineering disciplines;
• Ensure specifications, drawings and calculations meet industry, legal and quality standards;
• Facilitate peer and QA review of CAD drawings (typically cabling systems, containment, cabinet elevation, comms room layout);
• Conduct data acquisition and needs analysis;
• Technical specifications;
• Performance specification;
• Schematic diagrams (typically data network); and
• CAD drawings (typically cabling systems, containment, cabinet elevation, comms room layout).
Requirements for this role:
• Degree in appropriate ICT infrastructure design engineering discipline, or equivalent engineering/technology qualification;
• A-Level secondary education, HNC/HND, plus appropriate experience or equivalent;
• Desirable qualification is Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCCD);
• Good working knowledge of MS Office applications Word, Excel and Microsoft Project;
• Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software;
• Good understanding of BS standards/UK regulations/codes and relevant IT systems certification standards;
• Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines;
• Technical information presentation skills;
• Previous project experience in ICT infrastructure design work in the built environment for example; data centres, commercial buildings, hotels, university campus, office ICT fit-out and relocation projects;
• Demonstrable CPD record in engineering/technology subjects;
• Experience in CAD document handling and drawing production, e.g. cabling infrastructure overlay onto ACAD;
• Bluebeam documents (handling Revit files etc.);
• Technical qualifications and design experience in the following technologies is required: Structured Cabling Systems Standards, Fiber Optic Networks, LAN Ethernet Switching, Wi-Fi Network Communications, Telecommunication Network Infrastructure and Services;
• Technical awareness of: VoIP Solutions, IP Network convergence, Security Systems, BMS systems, HVAC, UPS, Generators; and
• Other relevant experience to include: Electrical engineering, power distribution and cooling systems, experience working with architects, project managers, quantity surveyors and understanding and experience in RIBA design methodology
The ideal candidate will come from a data cabling manufacturing/contractor background, IT Systems integration, Network technology, IT consulting or Internal IT department.
If you have the skills and experience required for this role please get in touch.
K2 Recruitment are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.