Technical Support Engineer
|£28,000-£32,000 - Permanent Position|
A fantastic opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer has arisen within a niche software solutions and services company. They are looking for an experienced, proactive and vibrant individual to complement their existing team on a permanent basis. Hours are Monday to Friday 8.30-5pm and in addition to your salary of between £28,000 to £32,000 (dependent on experience), you will receive a competitive benefits package to include 25 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays, contributory pension scheme, free parking, company pool car & full expenses paid for any travel and any onsite parking.
• First line of support and customer care to include case logging, resolution and troubleshooting in a timely manner
• Assist with the delivery of implementation projects
• Responsible for escalating issues to relevant parties and where needed attend on-site projects.
• Administrative functions e.g. monthly statistics and technical documentation
• Training of customers and internal staff
• To assist in the maintenance of hardware inventory and organise any purchases the business requires
• Occasional overnight stays
Requirements for this role:
• Educated to a Technical level standard in computer related subject
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Windows including MS Office
• Experience supporting a windows environment: MS Office, Internet Explorer & Windows 8 and 10 desktops
• Knowledge of Windows Server technology – RDP, IIS configuration, server roles and features
• Knowledge of administering SQL Server database technologies (SQL Server 2012-2017) running pre-defined queries, backup and restore processes
• High level of technical and written literacy
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• It would be desirable if you have an understanding of software development cycle, software workflow solutions, Virtualisation using Hyper V or MS Azure configuration and setup abilities
• Full driving licence
K2 Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.