Purchase Ledger Assistant
|£24,000 - £25,000 - Permanent Position|
Rare and exciting opportunity a temporary purchase ledger clerk to support the accounts function within an established team at the world-famous Stowe School. Set in breath-taking National Trust gardens. Initially for a 6/8 week temporary contract there is the possibility that this position may go permanent. Only candidates with an up to date DBS check will be considered for this role. Salary details on application.
• Ensuring all invoices and credit notes are authorised (in line with financial policies) and entered onto the Day book and Account Payable system accurately and within a timely manner
• To support the Accounts Assistant – Purchase ledger supervisor in ensuring all suppliers are paid via BACS and remittances are received via e-mail within the deadlines specified
• Responsible (with the support of Supervisor) for ensuring all invoices and credit notes are authorised and meet the internal financial policies requirements ie Purchase Order authorisation by managers and Finance.
• For maintaining the daybook and relationships with suppliers and departments to ensure flow of invoices and information.
• To support suppliers and departments with any enquires that might arise in a timely manner.
• To reconcile supplier statements with purchase ledger records.
• To verify nominal codes in conjunction with Accounts Assistant (Pupil Billing) and Finance Assistant (Fees Ledger) to ensure accurate and timely recharging to pupil expenditure.
• To ensure payment run deadlines are met.
• To deputise for the Accounts Assistant – Purchase ledger Supervisor when necessary.
• To support the Accounts Assistant – Purchase ledger Supervisor in preparing the purchase ledger master data. This will include cleansing, checking data quality and including additional data as needed ie bank details and e-mails etc.
• Other ad hoc duties as required by the Finance team.
• To ensure adherence to Health and Safety legislation that affects the post holder.
• To ensure adherence to statutory Health and Safety and Data Protection Legislation at all times.
• Current DBS check essential for this role
• Previous Purchase ledger experience also essential
K2 Recruitment are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.