|£10.50 per hour + benefits - Permanent Position|
Rare and exciting opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to work within an established team at this world-famous School. Set in breath-taking surroundings, this is a brilliant opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join, grow whilst embracing change and be part of the team who delivers an outstanding and first-class experience to everyone who dines at this prestigious school.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• To maintain departmental standards of hygiene and cleanliness as per the Food Safety Manual and cleaning schedules.
• To assist in the unloading and storing of deliveries.
• To carry out cleaning duties as specified on schedules or as directed.
• Maintain excellent standards of hygiene in the kitchen and food preparation areas.
• Ensure that the cleanliness of the kitchen floor is of the required high standard, using a mechanised floor scrubber as necessary.
• Maintain good order within the kitchen refuse area, both inside and outside.
• Report immediately all damages, breakdowns, defects to equipment, utensils and fabric of working environment to the kitchen management team.
• Maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and presentation, wearing the appropriate protective clothing.
• Undertake staff training as required by the Head Chef.
• Work as scheduled within a cleaning rota, ensuring that tasks are undertaken with initiative
• To comply with all legislative and departmental requirements as per the departmental Food Safety Manual relating to Health, Hygiene and Safety and reporting any incidents to the Head Chef.
• To clean all utensils either by hand or machine as necessary.
• To adopt a responsible and caring approach to all aspects of the job.
• To work within the team to ensure all departmental service requirements are met in full.
• Any other tasks as requested by the kitchen management team.
It is expected that the Kitchen Porter/Manual Worker (along with all catering staff) will be present and available for large school events and works with a degree of flexibility within a rota system. Overtime may be required at busy times.
The rota pattern will be discussed at interview.
Hours of Work – An average of 37.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year:
Working a shift pattern with alternate weekends off. An example of the shift patterns are as follows:
Early Shift: 7:00am – 3.00pm
Late Shift: 12:00pm – 8.00pm